Light House School for Blind is a centre of education and support for girls with visual impairment. In District of Hazara it’s a pioneer in the education of students who are blind. It was found in August 2002. The purpose of this institution is to strengthen the academic as well as personal skills of every student.
All the teaching staff have their qualification in teaching blind children or children with additional needs. The students are of mixed ages ranging from 2 to 30. We provide space for up to 30 girls. The school offers many educational and recreational facilities to its students. Many changes are made on regular basis to meet the needs of students, in order to make their environment comfortable. Core objectives of the school are as follows: ·
· To teach Braille to girls.
· To make recommendations for the type of support that is needed for each girl to access the curriculum successfully.
· To provide specialist and modified system that allows learners gain knowledge.
· To enable each individual to fulfil their potential academically.
· To support girls with practical and educational advice, emotional support and support with medical visits to help them handle and improve their visual impairment.
· To review the set up annually and regularly in order to improve and sustain the school core values and objectives.
· To work in a multi capacity with education, health and social care professionals.
Mr. Shahid Janjua is a philanthropist, Businessman and an Engineer. He is the founder and the first chairman of Light house school of Blind girls. He is a Civil Engineer by qualification, Business man by profession and a Social Worker by choice.
He completed his Engineering degree from University of Peshawar and attended Cambridge University for further courses in Civil Engineering. He has worked for Capital Development Authority Islamabad for 18 years. He owns a business in Hotel Industry which was set up by him from scratch and is still running successfully. He has been a board member of Abbottonians Medical Association Abbottabad for many years. Currently he is serving at an honorary post of chairman at Water & Sanitation Agency Abbottabad. His wife Noreen Shahid, an active social worker helps him look after the blind school of girls.
You can deposit donations at the following account: