Light House School for Blind is a centre of education and support for girls with visual impairment. In District of Hazara it’s a pioneer in the education of students who are blind. It was found in August 2002. The purpose of this institution is to strengthen the academic as well as personal skills of every student.
All the teaching staff have their qualification in teaching blind children or children with additional needs. The students are of mixed ages ranging from 2 to 30. We provide space for up to 30 girls. The school offers many educational and recreational facilities to its students. Many changes are made on regular basis to meet the needs of students, in order to make their environment comfortable. Core objectives of the school are as follows: ·
· To teach Braille to girls.
· To make recommendations for the type of support that is needed for each girl to access the curriculum successfully.
· To provide specialist and modified system that allows learners gain knowledge.
· To enable each individual to fulfil their potential academically.
· To support girls with practical and educational advice, emotional support and support with medical visits to help them handle and improve their visual impairment.
· To review the set up annually and regularly in order to improve and sustain the school core values and objectives.
· To work in a multi capacity with education, health and social care professionals.
Copyright © 2022 Light House School for Blind Girls - All Rights Reserved.